The main purpose of this publication is to provide step-by-step design procedures and design aids that make designing and detailing reinforced concrete members simpler and faster. The requirements of the 2014 edition of Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318-14) are presented in a straightforward manner with emphasis placed on the proper application of the provisions in everyday practice. Although the primary focus is on low-rise buildings, much of the content can be used in the design of buildings of any size.
The book is organized with respect to Seismic Design Category with applicable design and detailing requirements provided for one-way slabs, beams, two-way slabs, columns, walls, diaphragms, and foundations. Numerous design aids and flowcharts are given that guide the reader through the updated ACI 318 requirements. Code provisions are illustrated by many worked-out examples; for comparison purposes, the same buildings are used in different Seismic Design Categories.
The following topics are covered that are commonly not found in other reinforced concrete design resources:
- Guidelines on how to achieve economical reinforced concrete structures, including how to choose an economical reinforced concrete floor system
- Simplified methods for lateral load distribution (wind and seismic) in low-rise buildings
- Design and detailing of diaphragms with and without openings
- Preliminary joint sizes of special moment frames
Unique to this publication is a collection of time-tested, practical reinforcement details for all types of structural members. Guidelines and recommendations are given that help in achieving overall economy and ease in constructability.
- Number of Pages:
- File Size:
- 1 file , 33 MB
- Product Code(s):
- LOWRISE-2017, LOWRISE-2017, LOWRISE-2017